This morning I thought about all of the things that I have to do this year... and my head nearly exploded. It turns out that Kat Wisniewski of Elemental Art Jewelry wrote a great overview of what she needs to do over the next few months and it inspired me to write an overview for my work in the next year. Here's a list of things I have to do in no particular order.
1) Prepare my wholesale booth for an upcoming wholesale show
2) Build inventory for upcoming summer shows
3) List new items and ship Etsy orders for both my chainmaille supply Etsy shop and my handmade aluminum chainmail jewelry Etsy shop
4) Maintain relationships with stores and ship out wholesale orders
5) Maintain Facebook and Twitter accounts
6) Photograph step-by-step photos and write directions for chainmail and beaded jewelry tutorials
7) Keep track of supply inventory so that I can make all orders in a timely fashion.
8) Photograph entry for the upcoming Bead Dreams competition.
9) Work on new clothing pieces for upcoming competitions, shows
10) Apply to juried exhibitions (gotta stay current in the art world...)
11) Keep sending out applications for 2012 summer shows. I have multiple deadlines coming up this week.
Speaking of deadlines, I'd better work on those show applications. In fact, I need to step away from this to-do list (just the first things that came to mind, mind you, not an exhaustive list) before my head explodes again.
Handmade aluminum chainmail jewelry
Bold aluminum chain mail jewelry designs