Thursday, April 10, 2008

JC Herrell

I have a favorite lampworker. It's true. JC Herrell came to speak before the Bead Society of Greater Chicago tonight, and she was fantastic. Not only is she a talented lampworker, making THE coolest beads, but she is also an excellent speaker. Her discussion of trying to create "perFect" was pretty incredible.

And she's nice too. Due to a projector/computer issue, she had to use my laptop for her presentation and in thanks she let me pick out one of her beads for myself. I've posted a photo of that here:


After browsing her site and stumbling upon her stunning Orchid Rings, I totally fell in love with them. I'm a huge fan of large flower rings, so of course, now I'm trying to figure out how to save up money for one of hers...

Vanessa Walilko

Unique Beaded Jewelry, Dragon Sculpture and Chainmaille

No comments:

Post a Comment