Monday, January 25, 2010

Big, big update

I am miserable at updating this thing. However, I just received Alyson Stanfield's newsletter about devoting just 15 minutes a day to your art. Why not my blog?

If you're following Kali Butterfly on Facebook, you'll know that my upcoming chainmaille classes were featured on Cyndi Lavin's blog. (Thanks, Cyndi!) I'll be teaching Dragonscale at Bead&Button 2010, (sign up now!), and a Persian Maille class at Lill Street Gallery. If you're looking for a chainmaille challenge, these classes are for you.

Also, I'm happy to report that my piece, "I Always Wanted Claws" will be featured at eXtremities: Exploring the Margins of the Human Body, a featured exhibition during the 2010 Society of North American Goldsmiths Conference in Houston. SNAG is going to be a lot of fun for me this year.

In other jewelry-unrelated news, my paper, "Beyond 'Feminisms': Refocusing the Women's Movement Through the Lens of Liberation" was just published in the most recent issue of Current Perspectives in Social Theory. You can read it at Google Books. Discovering that was almost as cool as seeing my name in print.

Vanessa Walilko
Unique, handcrafted chainmaille jewelry, intricate beadwork, and beaded sculpture

2 comments: