Saturday, October 11, 2008

Chainmaille Distraction

I know. I should be working on more inventory for my artist reception at Artisan 133. I should be working on my Tiamat dress. However, my philosophical kindred are Herbert Marcuse, Ralph Waldo Emerson, Randolph Bourne and Lou Andres-Salome, to name a few. When I received an 11-pound box of aluminum rings in the mail on Monday, I wasn't about to repress my libidinal urges.

After creating my chainmaille shrug, I realized that I wanted to do another one. First I thought of making some sort of jacket, and maybe the current project will morph into one. Who knows. Regardless, after many months of agonizing over the design of the shrug/jacket, I finally decided upon the style--bell sleeves with black scales acting as fringe for the sleeve edges and hem.

Here's a rough in-progress picture. I'd take a better photo, but this is already taking too much time away from my work!



Vanessa Walilko

Handcrafted Beaded Jewelry, Chainmaille Fashion and Art

No comments:

Post a Comment